八方的音乐

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 7 of cycling Journey- Trois Riere to Montreal

3 May 2010, cloudy and raining, then sunny

    Had a last meal with Mireille before we left, a full breakfast, good for my long biking journey. When I start my journey, the weather is still not bad, a bit cloudy, but without rain. However, after a distance to cycling, I get some tiny rain, and after a while, I get very big rain in Louis Ville, I manage to find a garage to keep away from the rain. Waiting there for about 20 minutes, the rain stop and I start my journey again. I was glad the rain come by, as the headwind stop after the rain, it make me much more easy to bike without the wind coming in front.
   160km biking, is not something I would say is proud, but cycling into the wind for 160km is something I really proud. I could not believe I finally make it. It was tiring, and consume a lot of energy. There was a distance where the wind is very strong, and I only manage to ride in 15km/hour, a lot slower than my regular speed. I think, I should really take the advice, to ride from Toronto to Quebec, not the other way round. If I ride with the wind, I believe I could actually save much more time on my journey, and make my life a lot easier.
    This journey although is further than the one I take from Quebec city to Trois-Rivere, but it seen like much more easy. The head wind is stronger, but the whole journey were flat, without hills, and there are a lot of beautiful scene along the way, it doesn't make the mind get frustrated, but make it refresh.
    I was stop in front of an apartment, to take a rest and take my lunch, that was 12 noon. A man suddenly come out and greet me. He is a charter accounter for the place I rest, and He himslef is a cyclist also. He was please to saw a cyclist stop by at the place to rest and have lunch, he said he never saw one. He offer me to go inside for some wash up, and refill the water, he even purposely heat up the water for me to make tea. I was really please to meet him on my journey.
    By 3.30pm, i finally reach Montreal, however, Montreal is very big. It took me hour and half to reach the center of town from the east of Montreal. My host is in the center. I was glad I choose the nearest road to take , which Lily also believe that is the nearest route. Lily is my host, by the way. She own a dance studio, and she teach yoga as well. We meet in her dance studio and then she went to give lesson, while I wash up and go to walk around this place.
    We meet again at 815pm, then bike together back to her place. A small place, good for living of 1 person, but I like the casual and homey feeling of the house. She make some dinner for me also, something I never taste before, Khokus. Something like rice, yet like pasta, just add some hot water for 5 minute, then the khokus will swell and ready to eat. It taste like, hmm....how to say....fried flour?? something like tht...and khokus is eat with some kind of Carribean dishes, taste very good....
    A tiring day, and is time to rest. better get ready for tomorrow travel around Montreal downtown....
     

0 comments:

Zopim

友情链接

《大馬部落》