八方的音乐

Monday, May 17, 2010

Day 20 of Cycling Journey - Port Hope

17 May 2010, Sunny



    Arrange by Katherine, I went to have a mountain biking with Sue, using Katherine mountain bike. Sue was an older lady, age of 56, but she is very fit in shape, and still very active, do a lot of out door and extreme activities. Mountain biking for Malaysian, maybe will just thinking of bike in forest, nothing special, but that was totally a wrong perception about mountain biking!!
   This is the 1st time i have such a kind of biking experience, it was amazing, fascinating, extreme, and so fun!!!! Mountain biking involve a lot of up hills and down hills, and bike on soft sand, you have to learn to balance your self during climb up the hills, and during high speed down the bumpy hills. This was an amazing birthday gift for me. Sue was more than double of my age, but she mountain bike a lot faster than me, I have to chase her with all my strength. But, still a lot of time I lost my balance and fall down. She is an awesome great lady, the pedal doesnt fit in my shoes, so she drove me to 1 of their fellow in the biking club, Rob, and he change a pedal that fit my shoes clip.
     We had 2 and half hours of mountain biking, done around 20km, 3 or 4 loops, but that is alrd a tiring day. I really enjoy mountain biking a lot !!!!! Thanks Katherine and Sue for all the effort that make my days so meaningful.
     Had a rest, and went to help Katherine to do with her garden. She wanna to clear the grass in front of her office today, so I volunteer to help her together, so we can make thing done earlier and easier for 1 person. She not kind of person that will ask ppl to help, but I love to help. This is one thing that I learn, dont always wait others to ask to help, go and volunteer to help before ppl ask you. They will appreciate your effort, and you gain more when you giving out.

 
     I had agree to make a good dinner for Katherine today, and since it is my Birthday eve, I also wish it can be a good meal for myself as well.Beside, is my last day in Port Hope, I wish to treat Katherine with a very good meal as well. Katherine has some salmon, and she love salmon a lot. So, I decide to make a ginger baked salmon, with asparagus sauce that I made myself, with dressing of Ceaser Salad and Fried Asparagus with Fettlehead. I had learn baked Salmon before in Victoria, and I wish to make it more special this time. So, I mix the ginger with maple syrup, made the paste to baked the Salmon, with some season of red wine vinegar, lemonade, garlic, onion, Parmesan cheese and fresh Basil. Katherine and I enjoy the meal a lot, and I really love it as well. It took me 1 hour to cook everything, but I really enjoy it, especially when you cooking for people that will love your meal. i even try to arrange the meal in very nice way, think that I had quite good of culinary art as well...haha....How was the look? Homemade thousand Island sauce for Ceaser Salad and Homemade Asparagus sauce for the salmon, it was perfect combination...
    Katherine made a cup of espresso for both of us, and serve with zuchini cake. It was a good supper or dessert. We had a almost 3 hours of meal, from dinner to dessert, non-stop of eating. But, we really have good time together.
    Tomorrow will have a long ride to Toronto, following waterfront train. and will meet Ge Fei there. Have to prepare to rest d.
    Happy and Blessed Birtday, Leon!! May GOD always grant me with Peace, Joy, and Love!! that is my Birthday wish.


2 comments:

Ruthie said...

Happy Birthday Ge Ge! Hope you are having a great adventure biking around. May the Lord lead you to wonderful places filled with fantastic people that will share His love. Safe Journey!

jh.kkwon said...

Leon, Happy birthday!

Zopim

友情链接

《大馬部落》