八方的音乐

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 10 of Cycling journey - Montreal to Mentobello

7 May 2010, Sunny and cold wind.


    I have to leave Montreal today, heading to my next destination- Mentobello. As I said, a city just between Montreal and Ottawa. Having breakfast with Lily before I left, and we take some picture together. It was a good meal, with lot of energy for my journey.
   The weather was good, just a bit cold, which are some chilly. However, it is good for a long journey bike, you dont sweat a lot in this weather. I was lost on the way as i come out from Montreal, when I was in Laval, and I had took the longer path to go on road 148, which is maybe 5km longer than I should take. Anyway, I found my way out in the end, but it took me some times.
   The distance between Montreal and Mentobello is around 120km, or maybe more for a bike path. But, this is actually shorter as compare to the road I took from Trois-rivere to Montreal. I think biking had become more easier for me day by day, as I biking more, i getting more use to it, and my stamina getting better as well. I wasnt a really tough way to get to Mentobello, but there are some hills to go. The scene along the journey was nice in some part, when the road go just beside the river, a lot of farm and factory along the journey, and at least 3 Lafarge company I saw along this way.
   I reach mentobello at 5pm, which consume a total of 8 hours of journey including the time I took to rest. when I reach Pieter's place, he was very please to welcome me. I took a shower to clean my self, and do some laundry as well. that is what usually a cyclist do the first thing they reach the house, clean up! I like the red carpet on the floor, and he had prepared a nice room for me.

    Pieter is a very nice person, he is an older guy with age 68, a dutch came from holland to Canada 41 years ago to teach English. We have a lot of conversation, then he let me do the meal as he raed from my profile that I like to cook. I make some fried rice from whatever I can get from his kitchen, which are more to the Thai style. He like it very much. A little bit of sweet, and spicy. After the meal, we have Yogurt Icecream with Dutch Whiskey as the dessert. It was really a delight meal, a lot of conversation and lot of sharing from him. We even have some coffee before I went to bed at quarter to 12 midnight.
    This is a nice day, time to say goodbye for the old host, and say hello to the new host. and having great time with both the host, making food that pleasure make me feel happy.

0 comments:

Zopim

友情链接

《大馬部落》