八方的音乐

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 15 of Cycling Journey - Ottawa

12 May 2010, Sunny

    Today was the warmest day I had in Ottawa, it went until 16 degree in the noon. Since it was my last day in Ottawa, and I had almost visit everyplace in Ottawa, I just make my day very easy today.
    Went out at around 10pm, bike along the path beside Rideau Canal, and went to University of Ottawa to have a look. It was a nice path along the Rideau Canal, some people were having tour on the boat. I take a rest, and read my book on the bench just beside the Canal, and a wonderful day.
    Yesterday I saw a Italian restaurant with a big banner hanging outside " All you can eat, Lunch buffet for only 7.95 ", since it is so cheap, and I really wanna try some Italian food, I decide to go there for my lunch. However, It really disappoint me. They only serve 3 kind of pasta, 2 simple pizza, meat ball, and some salad. Thats all for a buffet, nothing much choice actually. Anyway, I spent an hour and half there, watching the tennis game, and eat for 5 round. The guy sat just beside my table said I had eat a portion for a week, haha...tht is actually a portion just for my one day. It worth a 10 buck meal...in term of quantity, sure not the quality...


    Then I went to buy a cup of coffee and went to the Museum of Currency. This Museum was on my list of visiting in Ottawa, and It is free for entrance. It is really a good Museum, they had a lot of collection of currency from the ancient of Asia, Europe, Africa, and of course Canada and US. Do you know? people in the old time trade thing with fur, and different fur from different animals have different price, so you must be able to differentiate the kind of fur just fro touching to be a merchant at the old time in Canada. It was impress....They have the collection of the 1st coin, the 1st paper currency...lot of collection...
    After that, i went to the Library of Canada, just to have a visit, to look around. It is bigger than the library I went in Trois-Rivere, but the collection of book is much lesser than there. They only have reference book over here, reference book for Canada studies....
    Taking my way back through the other road that I never taken, and I end up to be in the Museum of Agriculture, and the Experimental farm....so I went inside to have a look, and took some pic. Lay back on the field just beside the Lock as I back from the Museum, and almost fall asleep in the fully nature around me, the lake, tress, grass, flower, duck, birds, insect.......I was like back to the nature, so comfortable to lay down my head. But I decide to take out my book and sit on the bank of the canal, and do my reading. I was a very relaxing day...


     As I on the way back to home, I saw Paola and her subordinate  sat on the bench, just beside the bike path. So, I went to say hello, and then we went to the fresh market together to get some stuff. I want to buy banana for my journey tomorrow, and she wan to get something for the dinner she want to make tomorrow.
    Paola make us a good Omelet dinner, with Onion, bell pepper, cucumber, old cheddar cheese, and hams.....It was a nice dinner, although I never having Omelet have a main dish.

0 comments:

Zopim

友情链接

《大馬部落》