八方的音乐

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 12 of Cycling Journey - Mentobello to Ottawa

9 May 2010, Snowing and freezing windy

    Woke up the morning and found that the roof was cover in white- It is snowing !! Never expected to catch a snow in spring, it was an unusual phenomenon. The temperature outside was around 3 degree Celsius, more colder than yesterday. Anyway, outside is dry, and the snow only stay in the morning. So I decided to take a move again today, not to delayed my journey again.
    After prepare everything and loaded the thing on the bike, I start my journey in some snow, and it is super cold outside. This is the 1st time I have to ride in long pant, sweater, and glove, and also cover my ears with the small cap on the wind breaker. Pieter send his best regard to my journey.


    It was pretty a tough journey in such a cold weather. But after I longer ride, the body get warmer, and start to feel better. However, the foot toes never get better, it only getting more freezing as you keep going.
    When I was just pass through Papineuville, up the small hill, suddenly I suspect there is something wrong with bike. The rear tire get flatten, the tube had been sting by the sharp rock on the road. Wowww....This is not going to happen on me, not gonna be happen on Sunday, in the middle of no where.....I was thinking what is going on, why like this...Is there a lesson for me to learn from here? There are a lot of question pop up in my mind as I pushing the bike along the way. Some people can get frustrated, some can just give up, but I was looking at the purpose of all this. I not dare to blame the Lord when i thinking of Job, after so many thing he been through, but he never dare to curse the Lord, only curse on the birth of himself....
    After half an hour of pushing the bike, I stop at a ice cream shop to ask for the nearest bike mechanic. But they told me the nearest bike mechanic is 60km away from the town, which is in Gatineau. That was too far for me. However, the boss treating me very good. He ask his employee to give a cup of coffee to me, and call his friend which own a shop that sales hardware, he even put his work aside the drive me to his friend's place to buy the patch for tire and drove me back. I fix the leak tire with the patch, and then continue my journey. I never forget to show my appreciation to the help given before I left. It was really a lesson for me, and a grace to experience. Always bring a back up tire with you!!
    It is always glad to found someone having the same crazy idea with you. I met a chinese couple from Taiwan that also travel on biking at the traffic light in Gatineau. They were asking me the direction to Mentobello, which I just come from there. And I going to Ottawa, and there were also just leaving from there. They travel from Toronto, and will go to Halifax, all the way by camping and being host. It was nice to know, I am not the only crazy people the doing this king of thing in this season. But I was into the wind direction, and they were with the wind direction, which make them a lot easier than me.....
    Reaching Ottawa at around 4pm, and I almost lost the feeling of my toes. It was freezing inside. Meet with Paola, which is my host in Ottawa. She is a scientist, and a bike traveler as well in NZ, AUS, and European. We have some tea 1st when I reach, and sit down to warm myself up. Then I went to clean up, and she prepare a good pasta for us. I love the way she prepare the pasta, i never cook pasta this way, and it looks very easy. The taste was great, better than some at the restaurant that i tried before. By the way, this is the 1st pasta I had during my this whole journey....I was really thinking for pasta for a long time....
   
( My room in Ottawa..nice!!)


0 comments:

Zopim

友情链接

《大馬部落》