八方的音乐

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 24 of Cycling Journey - Toronto to Niagara Falls

21 May 2010, Sunny and Hot.

  
( these are the 2 picture I like the most of the Falls, 8pm and 8am picture )
     The times had finally comes, the next destination will be my final destination, Niagara Falls!! The distance from Toronto to Niagara is actually 120km, but since I using the Waterfront Trail, it take me all the way to Niagara on the Lake, then only to Niagara Falls, it actually took more than 150km, which I believe is more than that. Today the wind is calm, the road is in very good condition, and I don't have any luggage at my back, so I go all the way in full speed, top gear for the front and rear, but still it took me 8 hour at least to reach there. My last journey, yet the longest journey.
     And guess what, today is very hot, the sun is so strong. I take off my shirts, and biking topless for 6 hours or more, not just because it is hot, but because I want my body to be as tan as my hand also, to make it more uniform. Some people are looking at me when I bike across the town area, but they don't really care. This is CANADA, not Malaysia. haha...
    Anyway, the trail was company by great view along the Ontario lake, a lot of beach, no traffic, a lot of park, and also a lt of vineyard when I reach Niagara region, is like more than 20km of journey is along the vineyard. No wonder people said: it is a compulsory to visit vineyard in Niagara, and go for the wine testing as well.
    I glad I finally reach Niagara before the day get dark. My leg is almost paralyze when I reach Niagara, biking too hard for too long, I loosing feeling of the leg. But the view of the Niagara Falls had rewarded my journey, it feel worth for everything you had done to get here. Just sit on the field, and drink a pop, rest for a while, looking the crowed from all around the world to come here just for the falls, you feel amazing, awesome!!
    Niagara Falls is one of the 7 wonders of the world, and it catch the most amount of waters from more than 100 of rivers. It separate US and Canada, but you only can see the beauty of Niagara Falls in Canada, surely not US. I was impress and amazed, when saw how much water it fall from the top, and the power of the falls cause such a huge amount of mist. you can even get wet when you standing just beside the falls, the mist raise from 50m height to hit you. Can you imagine that? what can I said? Awesome, Awesome, and Awesome.........the wonder of God's creation is so awesome.
    I was actually plan to just overnight by walking around here and find a 24h shop to rest inside, if I couldn't get a deal for bed. When I came to Red Carpet Inn motel, he was actually giving me 50 dollar per night, then we bargain and he give me 30 dollar per night. This price is actually reasonable enough, then I ask him where is the Hostel International, then he said he actually have dome room if I want, just for 10 dollar per night...Wowow...why not?? that is the cheapest deal I ever heard. I paid 10 dollar for a bed in a motel, with tower and hot bath tub...the room were 6, but there are only 3 in room. I think I am blessed. hhaha...

 
    I even more blessed, when I went to the reception to ask for tourist information, I was told that tonight there will be the 1st night of the open air concert and fireworks....this event is just start, and only on Friday and Sunday. My timing is just right at the time, not too early, not too late....I'm glad i am here at this time. The firework really nice, short but nice.
    The tourist area were so merry the whole night, even until late 2am still a lot of people on street. This is an unusual phenomenon in Canada, usually everything go off before 11pm. All the themes park, the museum, the haunted house, the skylon tower, everything is until morning. I not a big fans of themes park or museum or haunted house, I just like to seeing thing, seeing the culture, the atmosphere, and especially when I am travel alone. Something is only fun when you were with others, not by alone. There are different when you travel with others and travel on yourself.
     I took my dinner at 12 midnight in a chinese restaurant, just because I have the desire to eat rice. But, it was sooooo disappointing. I ordered a beef fried rice, and it was the worst fried rice I ever had in a restaurant. The whole fried rice have only a few beef, and few green onion, a egg, then the rest is just rice, absolutely nothing else. and the taste is only soya sauce, not salty, not sweet, basically is no taste. I pretty sure most people can cook a lot better than this, and I for sure can make better. Really, dont eat chinese food in Niagara, Never!!!
    

0 comments:

Zopim

友情链接

《大馬部落》