八方的音乐

Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 5 of Cycling journey- Quebec city to Trois-Rivere

1 May 2010, Sunny 20C


    I had bike a 140km journey today, and it took me from 11am to 7pm, a 8 hour journey including missing in quebec city, rest along the road, and looking for the address in Trois-Rivere. I was suppose to get out from the house at 9am, but the day before having too much fun until sleep too late, and a bit of dizzy.
    The road to Trois-Rivere is not an easy road, there are a lot of hill to over come inside Quebec city before I can go on the route 138, which is the long road all the way to Trois-Rivere. I was missing in Quebec city when finding the road, after asking and asking, I found the best way to my next destination. However, I had made it.
    This was the longest ride I ever had in my life, it was still a good ride at the beginning, but as you keep going for 5 or 6 hours, you starting to get frustrated, tiring, and keep on wondering when will you arrive...there are a lot of time I really want to give up. I never expected to take such a long time, and consume so many energy, I never also expect the luggage I put on the back of the bike will slow me down so much.....Learn through the journey....Long journey bike is not just about the stamina or the physical, but more about your mentality. In the last 2 or 3 hours of biking, I was biking on the mind, no longer on the physical. Your physical will keep on telling you to give up, to rest, telling you that you would never do it in time, but you must the the strong mind set, strong will to tell the body to keep moving, tell the leg not to stop.


    I was glad, when I arrive at Mireille's place, she was having dinner with her 3 others friends, Vennessa, Liz, and XXX ( cant remember her name). They were all members in a choir group. They had plan to have dinner long time before they know I will reach this day, but they are expecting me to arrive. they had cook rice, with chicken and vegetable, I am definitely need the rice to refill my energy. I was really sorry that I give them a dirty look when I arrive, I was really sting. Then after have a meal, I go to take shower, then go to see them again in a clean look, and have the 2nd plate of rice. It was DELICIOUS!! not because I am hungry, but it is really nice. we also have some dessert, which brought by Vennessa.
    It was glad, 4 of them can speak English, although some not very good, but is better then a lot of Quebec people that speak only French. We have some conversation on table, sometime they speak in french, then translate to english for me, but I enjoy the time. We also play a game after the meal, called jungle speed. It was fun, and I win the first round on our 1st play. haha..... oh ya, Vennessa have some free ticket to the Choir concert the next day, and she gave one to me....I was really come just in the right time....
   Having really good time here in Trois-Rivere......I glad I am here.....
 This is my bed room in Trois-Rivere.

   


0 comments:

Zopim

友情链接

《大馬部落》