八方的音乐

Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 6 of Cycling Journey- Trois-Rivere

2 May 2010, Sunny 20C

 
    Today in Sunday, I was suppose to go to church today. But I cant found a english protestant church here. There are a lot of French Catholic Church. So, i just have my own short devotion time in the early morning.
    Having a nice breakfast with Mireille, and we talk a lot. There was a point, when we suddenly talk about religion, and I share my religion with her, we have a lot of talk about that. This make my Sunday meaningful in my own sense. Since It was Sunday, I plan to rest on Sunday, not biking to the next destination. Mireille had bring me around Trois-Rivere, like a tour guide, bringing me all along the places, and telling me the history. It was a nice day, with no wind, and is sunny!
   We came to a Anglican Church, which surprising it is an English Protestant Church, but we just miss the service. However, we still go inside to have a visit. We met some people over there, and they given us some brief information about the history over here, and showing us around the church. Mireille was actually been to this church few times on the choir, but she never notice the symbols in the church.


   Then we went to the concert, to meet the others 3 of her friends. We have the VIP seat, 3rd or 4th of the front row, and is in the center. This choir concert have 16 singer, 4 singer in each part, all 4 parts. The conductor is a very famous and well-known scholar on music, and he telling the audience the background about the hymn and song each before before they sang it. It was in french, so i dont really know what are he talking. but the choir was really professional choir, their vocal was blended very well with each others, and all of the singer is capable of singing in solo. It was really amazing to hear they sing in such a harmony. when they finish their performance, everyone were putting their hand together for the performance, and everyone stand up. It was like the highest praise to the great performance they had given to the audience. However, the building was a little bit too warm, very humid.
    I was told that it was an unusual weather at this season to have such a warm temperature. and this can getting warmer in the next few days. It was just like the summer, as Mireille said.
    We went to the market to get some grocery for tonight dinner after having coffee together with Liz. I promise to make some good chinese food, so I made a sweet and sour pork chop, with coconut rice, Again~~but this time the sweet and sour pork chop was different, with some special ingredient which I just found. It was weird that, I am the one being in kitchen to cook, but she in the garage to fix the bike. the male and female had change their position...haha....
    We have great meal together, start with the appetizer she made with halibut,scallop, and some vege. then following the main dish I made, I glad she like my pork chop very well. We finish the whole bowl of pork chop, and 3 quarter of the rice. It was a heavy dinner, but a good meal to get energy for my next day long bike journey. Longer bike then the one before. We still have dessert after the meal, which just left from yesterday. I love the Opera cake, was fantastic!!
    Mireille gave me a lot of guidance on my journey, tell me which road I should take, she even gave me her map and book for bike route. She also share with me some tips for biking travel, place to rest, food the good to eat for bike...she gave me some chocolate energy bar for my trip....
    She was really an amazing host. We spend the whole day together, sharing each others story, sharing the food. I like the word she said to me. " If God is with me, who can against me!!". I am glad and blessed!! like I always do~~
   

0 comments:

Zopim

友情链接

《大馬部落》