八方的音乐

Friday, April 23, 2010

Cycling journey and Free Hosting

   
   Do you ever think of free hosting a stranger at your home? This would be a strange phenomenon in Asian country, especially Chinese cultural. But here in Canada, it will be something people would do it.
   I had plan to bike from Quebec city to Toronto for a long time, since I here in Canada. But why I have such a thought? I also dunno, but surely not because of sake of saving money. Maybe, I just want some adventure in my life, want something new, something special. Since i am young, I always have the dream to travel the world, but this dram never start the first step until I step in Canada. Why I wanna bike? no reason. I think the only way to explain it, will be a "calling". This though always in my mind when I in Canada, although many time I share with others, they will say crazy or impossible. But last week, when I tell Gladia about it, she just tell me:" dont worry, GOD will take care of you!". This words of her gave me a big courage, although i always believe so, but being confirm by others make me more firm of it.
   Just yesterday, when I plan again on my trip. I found a website, http://www.warmshowers.org, a non-profit organization that offer free hosting for people that traveling on bike. Without hesitation, I sign up, and look into some of my destination, there are a lot of people offering free hosting for cyclist on their journey. I had contact some immediately, and I get response from few of them immediately. It is quite a new experience for me, to stay in a stranger house, and to know them. I wonder, why would they so willing to host others people that they dont even know? Because everyone are cyclist? I will find out my answer when i meet them. Basically, I already being offer a host in Quebec city, Trio-Rivers, Montreal, Ottawa...now only left Kingston and Hope....then my full journey will have free host. Not even a penny to spent on accommodation.
   However, I promise to make them Malaysian food, and I am more than happy and willing to offer them Nasi Lemak and Curry, these are food that they never tried. Or even red bean soup or barley, something new to them.
   I am gratitude about finding this website. Cycling was something I also dunno why I want it so much in Canada, but not in Malaysia, but now I barely can see that is some inspiration that GOD want me to have it, to experience new thing, and founding this website, getting hosting from others, is just like an extraordinary GRACE that fall upon me. I always never expect of free hosting, was always planning to finding hostel. But, GOD is full of mercy and grace, HE provide me more than I need, more than I can expected.
   If I back to Langkawi, my house will be freely hosting others as well. Since, my house had hosting a lot of church people and friends anyway, why not making it more a chance to know more people? 

P/S: Please Pray for me , My friend. For the safety, weather condition, and pray that I would gain a lot from this journey.

2 comments:

壮志高升 said...

it's good experience. I wish that i have a chance too.

jh.kkwon said...

Good luck! Leon.
It looks great!

Zopim

友情链接

《大馬部落》