八方的音乐

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Epoxy nanocomposite- processing and characterization

this is my FYP title....Final Year project...
" Epoxy Nanocomposite- Processing and Characterization".
supervise by our timbalan dean, Dr.Azhar Abu Bakar.

I had just went to meet him regarding my FYP title, to discuss and have a briefing on what should I do.

well...basically, this is not a difficult project, neither a new thing in polymer field... there are a lot of researcher had done the similar research for the past few years. Even Dr.Azhar also done the same research with the help of a post-grad student, Dulang...I think he is a Myanmar...So, Dulang will co-supervise me as well on my FYP.

ok....what should I do then??
the objective is to produce a nanosize epoxy filled calcium carbonate by mean of waterbase polymerization.
it involve 2 process, homogenization and curing.
In homogenization, epoxy, harderner and CaCO3 is mix in certain quantity, and stir in ice bath at extreme high speed. The high speed stirring is aims to get a homogeneus disperse CaCO3 in epoxy, these have to be done at low temperature to prevent curing at homogenization step. the epoxy in water base will form emulsion state, which are kind of droplet shape in water.
after that, cure the composite in oven at curing temperature.
theorically, we will get the epoxy composite in powder form, which are claim to be nano size.
and the product will bring to characterization , most often FESEM will be used.
IF this is success, all the epoxy composite are in nanosize, the same process will be try to apply on vinyl ester, to produce a vinyl ester nanocomposite as well....

seen like easy??
but until now, no one yet to successful produce it......
I WILL BE THE ONE!!!

0 comments:

Zopim

友情链接

《大馬部落》