八方的音乐

Monday, March 8, 2010

Crepes Party

       
  Receive an invitation from Nicholas, a french guy to his cluster house to a crepes party. Surprisingly, only 7 people (which are all the exchange student) in his invitation list, and only me and Ricky are the guy in the list. Frankly said, i'm not very familiar with Nicholas, but we do play a few times of basketball together. But I'm happy to have a party on invitation.
   Knowing some new friend on that night, Precialia from Brazil which are in the same class with me on COM 290, Frasel a Canadian with born in Germany air force base, a French girl in my OB class ( forget her name).      
   Anyone know what is Crepes? Well, it is a new thing for me. A kind of French food, with the a wrap made from wheat flour, eggs and milk, with choice of salty ham and cheese or sweet banana and chocolate. Knowing nothing about crepes, they try to explain to me, but yet I can't imagine it until I saw it and do it myself. 
   Precilia says that, crepes party is a very cool party in Brazil, which normally done on big occasion. but, crepes in Brazil is a bit different from French. What difference between crepe party and others is, everyone do their own crepes, and sit down to enjoy it together. Salty crepes as a main dish, and sweet crepes as a dessert. It is really NICE!!  I already have the recipe from Nicholas, so I can do it when back to Malaysia, maybe I can have one crepes party as well. haha..
   I enjoy this party very well. no alchohol, no music, no dance, but food and the fellowship during the party is really nice. Knowing others and their culture is a interesting thing to do.
   I'm truly glad that I had been invited. Thanks, Nicholas!!   

2 comments:

Mun said...

angmo roti canai?

leon said...

yaya...something like tht..haha..but i think more like a tosai..then wrap up with ham and cheese.

Zopim

友情链接

《大馬部落》