八方的音乐

Monday, March 22, 2010

blood donation

   A very first time of blood donation in Canada, when I was on the walk in Sooke. It was not in my plan that day, I just pass by a trinity church and coincidentally they having this blood donation campaign on that day. Once in every 2 month, and I just happen to be at the right time , isn't it sound like a calling for me to donate? Without hesitation, I just walk in and said I want to donate blood.
   There are something different between the blood donation procedure here and Malaysia. They are very careful regard the health of the donor, ask a lot of question, run a lot of test. When I said I am from Malaysia, the nurse even have to check on their book to see the infection in Malaysia. Do you believe it? Malaysia is in list of potential country for Malaria? She need to confirm that I am from urban area of Malaysia then only allow me to donate the blood. Lucky, I am on the west coast of peninsular, not the east coast, cause they assume that the whole east coast of peninsular Malaysia is rural area and consider Malaria infection area.
     There is another thing, you can donate blood here every 8 week, mean 56 days; while in Malaysia, you only allow to donate blood every 3 month. They dont ask your blood type before the donation, nor run the test, they only separate the blood after the donation when the run test on it. Weird? different country have different medical rule.
   One more information, in Canada, blood donation is run by an independent clinic own by government, they only to blood donation and run blood test. Which is a separate unit from the general hospital. Again, it is different from Malaysia.
   It is good to donate blood, u lose nothing yet saving life. and is good to donate even when you are in foreign country, different kind of experience. Anyway, I'll donate one more time before I leave here and back to Malaysia.   

0 comments:

Zopim

友情链接

《大馬部落》