八方的音乐

Monday, February 8, 2010

interview with David

Did you all still remember one of my previous blog about " visual data"?
well, if u dont, u can skip this blog; and if u wan to know, go read it.

I having an interview with David last week ,he is  the researcher that doing his research on effect of visual data to human daily life, and i participated in this survey. Simply just because it give the compensation for the time I use for this survey.
However, this survey do make me more sensitive to the visual data tat I encounter in my daily life.

Okay, wht so interesting about this interview?
It somehow make me learn something new that I dint notice before. and after David explain to me, I felt it was so true and wonder why am I so stupid not to realized it.
Did you ever use a 3D bar to plot your data? if YES, then you already make a BIG/HUGE mistake. 3D bar or pie or any chart that only represent 2 information, is actually potential to cause error in determine the true data, and it is some how confusing as well. Taking an example, is a pie chart bcm 3D, the angle will some how make you avoid some of the data, and the size of the pie is change in a 3D view.

this look great, isnt it? but some may difficulty in determine the true value, the front or the back line?

there is also a great influence of the colour, shape color data is easily to attract people, but if a lot of shape color bar or line in the data, it will also confusing. there shouldnt use contrast color in a bar chart, as it may cause confusing as well for ppl to view the data.

did you found difficulty in view this data?
the colour and the size between the group had done a big mistake in confusing people.

David was exited with the data I found from megazine and other place, and we had a lot of conversation tht was interresting. hha..although the conversation had been record down by video and audio, but it is confidential, so i cant share with you all also..

and, in the end. I get my CAD$40....hehe..


0 comments:

Zopim

友情链接

《大馬部落》